I’ve worked in the supporters’ trust movement for over a decade and am a recognised expert in membership issues, co-operative development, fan culture and the politics and economics of sport. As a consultant, I offer this expertise across all sectors; co-operatives and social enterprises, companies, membership organisations and public bodies.
I’ve written about football, the co-operative movement, the media and membership organisations for publications including the Guardian, When Saturday Comes, Prospect, Tribune and FourFourTwo, and appeared regularly on television and radio programmes such as Radio 4’s Today Programme, Panorama, Channel 4 News, 5Live and Newsnight.
I’m a practised public speaker, comfortable chairing debates or contributing to panel discussions in small gatherings and in front of audiences in the hundreds.
I’ve spoken at hundreds of events ranging from rallies of over 2,000 people to corporate conferences, from training events to professional seminars. I have also lectured at Bath University, Exeter University, Birkbeck College, Sheffield University and Liverpool University.
- An adviser for the Co-operative Enterprise Hub
- A Director of Saltdean Lido CIC
- A Member of the Sussex Area Committee of the Co-operative Group
I’ve previously been..
- Chief Executive of Supporters Direct
- A Member of the Department of Culture, Media and Sport Betting Integrity Panel
- A Member of the Co-operatives UK Business Development Panel
- A witness before the Select Committee Inquiry into Football Governance
- A Member of the FA Compliance Monitoring Group
- A Vice-Chair of the Football Supporters’ Federation
And before that I was a Social Enterprise Coalition Board Member, sat on the Football Supporters Federation Management Committee, was Vice Chair of the Football Supporters Federation and was the Alumni Representative on the Council of the University of Lancaster.
Contact me if you’d like me to send you a detailed CV.